The days are getting a little shorter, and the tradewinds are tapering down – it must be fall in Hawaii! While the seasonal weather changes aren’t as dramatic on Kauai as they are elsewhere, we still enjoy slightly cooler temperatures, fall festivities, and recipes! Browse our fall recipe round-up for fall coffees, baked goods, and pairings you can brew, bake and make at home.
Coffee and Candy Pairings
If you’re a zombie before you’ve had your morning cup of that black magic known as coffee, this month is the perfect time to treat yourself to something scary delicious with your favorite Witch’s brew. Hawaiian coffee is a delightful drink to sip at any time, but it is especially tasty when paired with a sweet Halloween treat. Knowing how to pair different coffee notes and flavors with desserts like an expert can make the coffee-drinking experience even more enjoyable. Get our Halloween Candy and Coffee Pairing Guide here.
Candy Apple Cider Latte
Candy and caramel apples are a classic fall festival treat and the delicious inspiration behind our candy apple cider latte. The warm and spicy apple cider notes combined with island-grown Kauai Coffee and a splash of milk are not too sweet, not too sharp, and just right for fall. Get the complete recipe here, and try it with Kauai Coffee Holiday Spice, Kauai Estate Reserve Typica, or Mundo Novo.
Minty Mocha Brownies
Coffee and chocolate are a classic pair, but Hawaiian coffee, chocolate and peppermint are even better! Use our simple coffee brownie recipe to whip up a holiday batch today! We recommend Chocolate Mistletoe for a minty kick, but any medium or dark roast coffee such as Poipu Estate or Rooster Alarm will work too.
- 1 cup (two sticks) unsalted butter, softened
- 3/4 cup cocoa powder
- 4 large eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1/2 cup Kauai Coffee Chocolate Mistletoe (brewed), plus 1 tablespoon very finely ground Kauai Coffee
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups crushed peppermint candies or peppermint bark
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees and grease a 9×13 inch baking dish. For a denser, more fudgy brownie use a square baking dish 8×8 inches or greater.
- In a microwave-safe bowl, melt the butter and combine with brewed Kauai Coffee and cocoa powder
- In a large bowl, beat the eggs with sugar, salt, and vanilla extract until light and fluffy.
- Gradually add the flour and ground coffee into the egg and sugar mixture
- Once cooled, slowly pour the melted butter, coffee, and cocoa into the large bowl containing flour, eggs, and sugar.
- Gently fold in the candy of choice and reserve some for topping.
- Pour batter into a baking dish, garnish with reserved candy and bake for 30-35 minutes, or a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Serve with a cup of your favorite Kauai Coffee!
It’s not too early to enjoy a taste of the holidays in Hawaii! Our seasonal flavors and holiday blends are here, and they won’t last long! So, get them before they go, and create your own fall drinks and bakes today. Try Chocolate Mistletoe, Holiday Spice, and Holiday Blend
Tropical Gingerbread Latte
Ginger is a holiday flavor staple that grows abundantly in Hawaii. We’ve added notes of tropical ginger, cinnamon, nutmeg, and clove to our 100% Kauai Coffee Holiday Spice for a cup that tastes just like a ginger snap cookie! Drink it black, with a splash of milk, or in a latte for a warm hug in a mug!
- Holiday Spice Coffee prepared with an espresso machine, AeroPress or Moka Pot
- 1/2 cup steamed milk of choice
- 1 tsp. molasses
- ground ginger or turmeric to sprinkle on top
- Combine steamed milk, spices, and molasses.
- Pour milk over coffee, top with a sprinkle of ginger or turmeric and enjoy.