Mother’s Day is around the corner and with most restaurants closed or offering take-out only, this is a great weekend to treat mom to a gourmet brunch at home. To make it simple, we have created a few menus that will help you pair coffee with food like an expert and impress mom with your culinary skill.
From sweet to savory and spicy, there is a Kauai Coffee pairing for every preference. Hau’oli La Makuahine – Happy Mother’s Day!
Sweet Brunch and Kauai Blue Mountain
When it comes to rare and highly sought-after types of coffee, the Jamaican Blue Mountain varietal is often placed at the top of the list for its smooth, sweet, and floral flavors.
Lucky for us, the Blue Mountain varietal thrives in volcanic soil and at higher altitudes, which makes the Kauai Coffee farm a perfect home for this delicious varietal. Our Kauai Blue Mountain Coffee is well balanced with a malty flavor and fruity notes. It is mild, smooth, bright, and a great choice to serve alongside sweet brunch favorites such as:
- Banana macadamia nut pancakes
- Fresh fruit and Haupia parfait – Haupia is a dense, sweet coconut pudding. Yogurt is a simple substitution.
- Hawaiian sweet bread French toast with berries
- Maple glazed bacon or ham
Savory Brunch and Poipu Estate Medium Roast
If your mom loves savory brunch classics like eggs and toast, a well-rounded classic like our Poipu Estate medium roast is an excellent choice. This coffee has a buttery mouthfeel and delicate but deep aroma that invites sip after sip. Pair Poipu Estate with:
- Loco Moco – white or brown rice topped with a grilled ground beef patty, savory brown gravy, and a fried egg. Hawaiian comfort food!
- Scrambled eggs with red pepper and cheddar
- Avocado toast with olive oil, sea salt, and feta
- Eggs benedict with Kalua pork
Spicy Brunch and Mundo Novo
Mundo Novo Coffee originates from Brazil and has bold, nutty, and woody flavors that complement spicy food nicely. Try these tasty brunch ideas with Mundo Novo and a splash of milk or cream served on ice.
- Jalapeno cornbread muffins served with honey butter
- Chilaquiles – Corn chips simmered in salsa or green chile and topped with a fried egg, cheese, and black beans
- Shakshouka – eggs poached in a spicy tomato sauce
- Spicy tofu scramble – crumbled tofu sauteed with a few teaspoons of chili paste or sambal. Serve over hearty buttered toast.